Thursday, September 4, 2014

Black and White Illustration of Three Roses

Black & White Illustration of Three Roses
Three Roses Tied With Ribbon
Today I came across this really cool image of three lovely roses tied with a ribbon. It had a lot of ink from the other page transferred onto it (you could see a man's face from an ad from another page on it)...so there was a lot of cleaning up to do, especially around the ends of the stems. Hopefully I did an alright job.

Overall it is a very crisp and clear, black and white image of long stemmed roses that I think turned out quite nicely.

It was from an ad for shoes from the year 1913, that was stating that if you bought a pair you got a box of chocolates and roses (I want to shop there). The ad described the roses being given as "a bouquet of Gude Roses." I did a quick search, out of curiosity, and found a few references to "Amelia Gude roses" in some old books and newspapers, but nothing else...I guess this is a "lost" breed of roses? They probably are just known by another name now.

I think there are so many things that could be done with this particular clipart of roses. Perhaps make a romantic item for Valentine's Day, or use to make a Mother's Day gift? Either way... Enjoy!


Public Domain Mark

This image is free of known copyright restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...